lunes, 28 de enero de 2013

A day in a school #2


Hello everyone here I introduce to you my reflections about the second week at the school, 

Tuesday

In the English class with the 4th year students I realised that while my tutor is teaching the new contents, the students that have more difficulties try to participate by rising their hand because is new content related to nothing previous and despite of that he does not prioritize his attention on them, so the two students that have more difficulties took two different positions. One of them kept rising his hand during the class and at last he was asked and he answer correctly but with some difficulties on pronunciation, and the second just got tired of rising her hand and just got distracted and did not paid much attention to what the teacher was saying. Nonetheless when the teacher kept going with the lesson, he began to work with the book and both students got lost because they began doing activities which requires previous knowledge. The student who participated the most has true difficulties to follow the lessons.

Wednesday

Today I could reflect on what could be one of the most important aspects that could be in education along with my tutor of the school: assess ourselves during each and every class and analyze which have been the positive and negative points of that class. When I am talking about this topic my teacher and I agreed that even though you don’t have to be so strict with you, you should be responsible of assessing yourself just to offer to our pupils the best teaching exercise we can give. That’s why we should analyze if the class we just leave had been good or bad, which aspects we should change and if the distribution of the tasks was the correct one, in this way, I find appropriate starting and finishing the class with funny activities and easy (just to leave in the memory of our students that the end of the class was really entertaining) and in the middle of the lesson introduce the difficult activities (because they’ve got a good rhythm of work with the introductory activities).Therefore, we should learn from our mistakes and try to offer every day the best teaching lesson we can offer, relying on our studies but also on the assessment and the improvements we do each and every day we are in class.

Thursday

Today I will reflect again on the fact of the children that at this moment of the course don’t have books. I think this can be one of the points that affect me the most because I understand that education should not be a business so books should be as cheap as possible, and moreover, the state should help parents when buying books and so. That’s why I don’t understand how some people try to make a business of this job because in frequently teachers does not work for big amounts of money but for doing a service to the community and being happy with what they do. With that being said, I must also highlight that I don’t understand neither the parents who doesn’t pay attention to their children’s education because I think that education will help them in their daily lives and will make of them better members of the society and better as individuals. That’s why when a parent doesn’t read his child’s grades or he doesn’t buy the material it’s like not paying attention to your son/daughter and therefore you should not be called a father or mother. In this case, I as a teacher would help my students to get some books by any means necessary and I must say I wouldn’t share the opinion of a teacher that say “We cannot buy the books or photocopy them to give to the children that don’t have books, because if we do so, parents will get use to the fact that they don’t have to buy books”. In this way I would give children the chance of working with books and if the next year parents don’t buy the books I would call the authorities to inform about the parents’ behaviour towards their son/daughter. 

Those were the main topics that came up this second week and that I wanted to show you because they looked really interesting to me I hope you're enjoying my blog and see you next week, thanks for your attention! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario