lunes, 21 de enero de 2013

A day in a school #1

As promised, here I will introduce to you some facts about my firsts days at Pau Sans school.

If I am honest, probably this will be the best school I have ever been at as a teacher, not only because of the teachers themselves but also because of the students. I must say that most of them as I could appreciate during this first week, are really nice students: they pay attention to what the teacher is saying, they have a good level of English and also they participate in the English speaking activities. So, I am quite impatient because I want to start my intervention in class as soon as possible!

Moreover during the first week at school I have been aware of that the way that my English tutor works with the kids and mine are quite similar. We both want that our students spend most of the class talking in English and learning communication skills such as speaking and listening more than writing or just learning how to copy an English text.

I could also see this week that students don't work much often with TIC during the English lesson, and that is something that I would change in my English classes because I think that TIC could be really helpful for my students.

Last but not least, I could realise how amaze students are when my tutor and I talk in English fluently talking about typical topics of our daily life at school. They also doubt if I am able to talk in Spanish or Catalan, most of them think that I can only speak English.

That's more or less the most important points about my first week but I am quite sure that lots of interesting things will happen during the next four weeks so make sure you don't miss anything!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario